Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Craft Attack

After reading Running from the Law's post about Celebrating Baby's First Christmas, I thought I'd get on the craft wagon and ordered a kit to do a handprint ornament.

Well, truth be told, I ordered a kit to do a dog paw print. Same one I used a few years ago on our pup, Roxie. I figured it was a great choice. I knew it worked, easy, nontoxic and even came with ribbon to hang it on the tree. Score!

Boy was I wrong. Craft time turned into one big 'ol mess. Apparently I got a defective bag of this stuff. It was super sticky and ended up on my hands, the table and anywhere else I touched as I was trying to get it off my hands.

I have about 100 craft things pinned on Pinterest. I have always envisioned myself as the crafty mom that loves to do craft projects with the little one. I am beginning to realize that this fantasy might be just as far from real life as Cinder-freaking-ella. 



On the upside, the place I ordered it from was great and refunded me the money after I emailed them and claimed I got a defective bag. They told me I didn't need to worry about sending back the product. Thank God,  have you seen the lines at the post office this time of year? No way.

Sorry Baby C, mom tried. Maybe next year. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment