Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sugar, sugar

So after my last post when I claimed I wasn't eating like a fat kid, it made me tune in a bit more to what I was really putting in my mouth. And, maybe the truth is that I really wasn't eating the best.

Hello, my name is Amber and I'm a sugar addict.
It's a real thing! I watched a 60 Minutes special where Dr. Gupta talks about how sugar is a toxin and has a similar effect on the brain as cocaine does.  If it was on tv, it has to be real, right?  

Anyway, I am happy to report I have cut out sugar and bad for you carbs since last Thursday and doing a healthy version of the famous fad diet, Atkins. It is generally the only way I can loose weight. 

Well, what do you know, I've lost 5 pounds. FIVE freaking pounds. I'm super happy and sure most of it is water weight, but at this point, I'll take it! Now just 8 more to go to get back to pre-preggo weight and then 30 to go to get back to pre-fertility drug and stress-of-not-being-able-to-have-a-baby weight. 

And the best part, everything is still going good on the nursing front. I was worried my supply would take a hit if I tired to diet, but I guess eating right and cutting out crap isn't really dieting. I'm keeping an eye on my calories too, to make sure I get enough and so far so good. 

We have family pics on Saturday and that's honesty what kicked my motivation in high gear. I'd like to not have a double chin in this year's Christmas cards :) Now if I can just find the time to do something about these roots. It's only be SIX months since I had my hair did, no biggie.


2 comments:

  1. Update - efff this stupid diet. I'm hungry and cranky and just want to eat sugar. I've made every justification for why I needed to eat some and started today out with a cupcake. It didn't have icing on it, so that make it ok. Man, am I a junkie or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't beat yourself up for one lousy icing free cupcake! I had three yesterday with more icing than an entire cake! It's so hard to try to lose weight this time of year. Good luck honey...mmmm honey....

    ReplyDelete